Wilkes Education Foundation Scholarship How to Apply
Due Date: February 1, 2018
Complete the Wilkes Education Foundation Application.
Attach an official and complete transcript and photograph.
Wilkes Education Foundation
613 Cherry Street
North Wilkesboro, NC 28659
Attn: WEF Scholarship Committee – Carolyn Triplett
Recipients will be notified by mail.
It is anticipated that for the 2017-2018 school year one (1) 10,000 scholarship and 10 $1,000.00 scholarships will be awarded.
Application for a WEF scholarship is restricted to students at East Wilkes, North Wilkes, West Wilkes, Wilkes Central, and the Wilkes Early College High School.
- Grade point average (GPA)
- American College Testing (ACT) and/or Scholastic Aptitude Test scores (SAT)
- Rank In Class
- Community involvement
- Extracurricular activities
- Any curriculum choice leading to a technical or professional career.
- Demonstrated leadership ability through interview
- Demonstrated communication skills as determined
- In cases where all other selection criteria are regarded as being equal, financial need may be taken into consideration by the selection committee.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills as determined through interview and formal writing sample (at the discretion of each selection committee) effective 2017-2018 school year