G. Gerald Hendley Family Scholarship How to Apply
Due Date: February 1, 2018
Complete the G. Gerald Hendley Family Scholarship Application.
Attach an official and complete transcript and photograph.
Wilkes Education Foundation
613 Cherry Street
North Wilkesboro, NC 28659
Attn: WEF Scholarship Committee – Carolyn Triplett
Recipients will be notified by mail.
It is anticipated that for the 2017-2018 school year $50,000 in scholarship dollars will be awarded with a maximum of $25,000 awarded to one person. Award amount will vary depending on the financial need of winners. There is not a predetermined number of scholarship winners.
Application for a G. Gerald Hendley Family Scholarship scholarship is restricted to students and graduates of East Wilkes, North Wilkes, West Wilkes, Wilkes Central and the Wilkes Early College High School.
- Grade point average (GPA)
- American College Testing (ACT) and/or Scholastic Aptitude Test scores (SAT)
- Rank In Class
- Community involvement
- Extracurricular activities
- Any curriculum choice leading to a technical or professional career.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Demonstrated communication skills as determined through interview
- In cases where all other selection criteria are regarded as being equal, financial need may be taken into consideration by the selection committee.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills as determined through interview and formal writing sample (at the discretion of each selection committee) effective 2017-2018 school year